We are excited to announce the shortlist for the inaugural Camden and Islington Business Awards (CIBAs) 2011. These awards have been created to acknowledge the hard work and success of local businesses. The award ceremony is taking place on Thursday 27th October 2011 in The Royal Oak Suite at Arsenal Emirates Stadium from 6:30pm-midnight. With a drinks reception, networking opportunities, a sumptuous 3-course dinner, guest host Andy “Mr Network” Lopata and fantastic entertainment, the CIBA ceremony is an event not to be missed!
Email email@example.com for further information and to book for the award ceremony.
1. Community engagement/regeneration awards
Recognising the contribution of a local business to their communities and the regeneration of their local environment through undertaking local procurement activities, employing local people and sustaining the local economy through their activities.
- The Ringley Group
- K&M McLoughlin Decorating Ltd
- Camden Town Unltd
- Get More Local
- Natural Health Chiropractic
2. Best Creative Business
Open to Graphic design agencies, web design agencies, photographers, brand consultants/agencies, the arts and creative sector who have enhanced their portfolios and their enhanced their clients businesses with their creative efforts.
- Distinctly Different – Shhh or Tell It
- Base Creative
- Slingshot Sponsorship
- Anna Fiorentini Theatre & Film School
3. Best Property Services Business
Recognising the impact of the local built environment and those who make it possible to grow.
Open to Estate agents, Structural engineers, architects and Interior designers
4. Mentor/Coach/Training Consultant of the Year
Celebrating the role that personal development has to play in enhancing business success, recognising that without the support of a good mentor or coach some businesses would not get past the 1st hurdle.
- Distinctly Different – Atiti Sosimi
- Gill Hollis
5. Environmental Responsibility Award – Sponsored by Veolia Environmental Services
Recognising the efforts made towards environmental responsibility awareness and the sustainable activities that inspire the rest of the business community to follow suit.
6. Charity/Social Enterprise of the year
Celebrating the hard work of local charities and social enterprise and the enterprising activities that they pursue in maintaining success.
- Freedom from Torture
- Holts School of Jewellery
- Camden Garden Centre
- Blue Ventures
- Voluntary Action Islington
7. Retail/hospitality service provider of the year
Open to restaurants, shops, hotels and venue providers, celebrating exceptional customer service and quality control standards
- Jury’s Inn Islington
- Rotunda Bar and Restaurant
- Ovation Theatre
- Natural Health Chiropractic
- MIC Hotel and Conference Centre
8. Business Service provider of the year
Open to accountants, solicitors, auditors – these are providers who assist local businesses in excelling in their business processes, allowing them to do well in their overall business practices.
9. Young Entrepreneur of the year – Sponsored By City and Islington College
Open to business owners aged 18-30 who have shown exceptional business acumen and achieved consistent business growth since launching their business product or service.
- Miss Vaida Filmanaviciute, The Islington Company
- Iain Scott, Base Creative
- Jackie Fast, Slingshot Sponsorship
- Ebuni Usifoh, Nutritious Lunch
10. Peoples Choice Award – Sponsored by Hawcroft Court
Overall winner of this category is chosen by members of the public. This category will be selected from the overall list of finalists selected by the judges and will give the local community the opportunity to vote for a business that they feel deserves the honour of a CIBA.
Please vote for your favourite here: http://cibawards.com/peoples-choice-award/